Part-Time Technology Instructor - Northern Illinois - Aurora/Chicago/Elgin//Harvey/Joliet/ Rockford/Waukegan
Compudopt’s mission is to provide technology education and access to under-resourced youth in Chicago and Northern Illinois. This position is a seasonal trainer for our educational programming for elementary, middle, and high school students. Instructors will report directly to the Program Director. This role is anticipated to require up to 25 hours per week of instruction and will span afternoons, evenings, and weekends depending on partner requirements. Please be aware that programming may be facilitated in-person or virtually depending on partner requirements.
● Leads training classes for elementary, middle, high school, or opportunity youth – training will be provided to specialize in one or more age groups depending on experience.
● Programs are delivered in line with the developed curriculum.
● Actively engages with students to ensure their learning and knowledge retention.
● Facilitates a strong classroom culture through authentic relationships with students and consistent behavior management.
● Provides feedback and suggestions on curriculum and program revision.
● Collects classroom information including attendance as well as metric and measurement reports to ensure the continuous improvement and quality of the program.
● Maintains a safe and healthy training environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
● Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Other duties as required.
● Knowledgeable and experienced in training technology or STEAM-related programming. (strongly preferred)
● Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement population-appropriate program activities.
● Previous experience working with children in the instruction and/or after-school environment. (strongly preferred)
● Basic computer programming knowledge/experience
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant or related field (preferred) or pursuing a degree in a relevant or related field. High School diploma or GED required.
● At least 18 years of age
● CPR, First Aid, AED certifications (preferred but not required)
● Transportation required
Compudopt provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Compudopt complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is subject to successfully passing background checks and requires two references. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include name, phone, and email of references with your resume.
Job Types: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
© WSPN 2009-2018