Position: Staff Accountant
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Vice President for Finance
Position Summary: The Staff Accountant provides oversight and management of financial information through analyzing and reconciling accounts and preparing financial reports. An outstanding commitment to accuracy and detail is necessary, together with a proactive, flexible, team-oriented and collaborative work style. This position executes a variety of administrative, data, and accounting tasks.
• Oversee the entry and maintenance of vendor data into the Foundation’s software system.
• Assist with the Audit, Financial Operations, and Investment Committee meetings. Prepare agendas and reports.
• Maintain fund, vendor, financial, and other files.
• Work with management to maintain the Foundation’s policies and procedures.
Accounting & Recordkeeping:
• Post gifts and assist Advancement team with acknowledgments.
• Coordinate with Foundation partners on gift reconciliation to ensure timely processing.
• Prepare financial summaries and reports for agency meetings.
• Assist in preparation of the annual budget.
• Prepare 1099 tax forms.
• Process journal entries.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank, credit card, and investment accounts.
• Assist with month-end close process.
• Process interfund transfers.
• Compile investment performance reports.
• Provide reports as needed to staff, donors and nonprofits.
• Prepare periodic fund statements.
• Provide annual audit support.
• Provide annual Form 990 support.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Ability to follow tasks through to completion within the timelines set for each project/task required.
• Strong analytic, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills.
• Highly organized, detailed-orientated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, equivalent accounting work experience or formal training required.
• 10-key adding machine or calculator skills desired.
• Not-for-profit experience a plus.
• Familiarity with computer-based accounting systems.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Professional in manner and appearance.
• Personal and professional integrity.
• A commitment to the mission and values of the Foundation.
• Welcomes organizational growth and change.
To Apply: Email a PDF résumé and cover letter to David Weisz at email@example.com. All applications will be considered under the strictest of confidence. No calls please.
Hiring Policy: The DuPage Foundation considers applicants for all positions without regard to gender, race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
The DuPage Community Foundation d/b/a DuPage Foundation raises the quality of life throughout DuPage
County by fostering philanthropy, connecting donors to area needs and building community partnerships.
© WSPN 2009-2018