People’s Resource Center
Job Posting – Director of Development
PRC is hiring a Director of Development to work directly with the Executive Director, Fund Development Committee, Board of Directors and other PRC leaders to plan and implement successful revenue development and marketing strategies focused on sustaining and growing the financial and in-kind support of PRC and to increase its visibility in the community.
The Director will lead a team of four full-time employees: Individual Gifts Manager, Grant Writer, Donor Database Specialist and Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator. This individual will serve as a member of the Senior Management team reporting to the Executive Director and their office is based at PRC’s Westmont location.
PEOPLE’S RESOURCE CENTER OVERVIEW
People's Resource Center (PRC) is a not-for-profit, social service organization founded in 1975 by community members looking to help neighbors who were facing financial hardship. Inspired by social justice heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr., Dorothy Day and Jane Addams, founders Dorothy McIntyre, Father Tom Peyton and a group of volunteers sought to do more than start a local food pantry.
Today, PRC meets people’s basic needs by providing nearly 27,000 DuPage residents access to food, clothing, connections to mainstream social services and emergency financial assistance. In addition to our basic needs assistance, PRC offers empowerment programs including job assistance, literacy tutoring, computer training and art classes. Services are provided from 2 owned facilities – Wheaton, IL and Westmont, IL and from over 30 partner locations throughout DuPage County.
The values that guide our actions and decisions and that are embedded in our culture are:
1. Dignity and Respect: Recognizing the dignity of each person who comes to us, we create a welcoming and respectful environment in all of our programs and communication.
2. Creative and Innovative: We express our mission directly. We try things in the community. We are willing to jump in to new areas in order to address an unmet need.
3. Responsible Stewards: We welcome those who need resources, as well as those with resources to share.
4. Compassionate: We listen, we encourage, we try to get to know our families, we provide some help and guidance, we advocate, in a spirit of kindness and compassion.
5. Integrity: We place a high priority in living out of our principles, in our relationships, programs, and organizational practices.
PRC has 2700 Volunteers; 20 are working in development and marketing. PRC has 47 employees; 5 working in development and marketing. FY20 Operating budget is $3.8 Million; Value of In-kind donations is $7.2 M.
PRC earned the highest possible rating from Charity Navigator for 11 consecutive years. Only 1% of charities rated have received this distinction, differentiating PRC from its peers, exemplifying the high standard of service at PRC, and indicating that PRC outperforms most other charities in America.
PRC offers a generous compensation and benefits package to our full time employees, including:
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
A. Fund Development (estimated 35% of time)
1. Working with the Executive Director, Individual Gifts Manager and Fund Development Committee, lead the planning and implementation of a comprehensive annual development plan for all levels of fundraising. Focus on raising funds in support of PRC’s budget while ensuring methods are keeping with PRC’s mission, vision, values and brand.
2. Establish and monitor Development and Marketing Department goals, objectives and budgets; regularly reporting status of fundraising and marketing activities.
3. Develop and manage the annual direct mail campaign and associated social media-based campaigns targeting individuals, businesses, civic and religious organizations; track progress towards goals and recommend adjustments as necessary.
4. Identify, plan, organize and implement initiatives to cultivate relationships and solicit gifts from individual, corporate, foundation, service/civic and religious donors that meet PRC’s financial goals.
5. Manage all prospect identification, research, cultivation, and solicitation efforts.
6. Develop and implement strategies to enhance the planned giving solicitation process.
7. Create content messaging for donor thanking communications.
8. Develop and manage solicitations of key local businesses and sponsorships.
9. Oversee the research and application administration of grant funding opportunities and proposal to individuals, corporate donors and private foundations.
10. Manage the planning and implementation of special project fundraising campaigns, in coordination with organizational leadership.
11. Extract, analyze, and formulate a plan for the appropriate use of Raiser’s Edge information for annual direct mail and social media-based campaigns.
12. Prepare summaries and key metrics reports regarding development activities for Board and Fund Development Committee meetings.
13. Attend Board meetings as requested and coordinate/attend Fund Development Committee meetings.
B. Marketing, Communications and Public Relations (estimated 30% of time)
1. Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan to meet PRC’s strategic objectives, increase PRC visibility throughout the community and to improve awareness of its mission and services. Track progress toward goals (expenses and volume metrics) and recommend adjustments as necessary.
2. Oversee the design, development, budget and distribution of all marketing and informational materials (i.e. newsletters, e-blasts, annual report, fact sheets, brochures).
3. Build and maintain relationships with the media to ensure optimal coverage.
4. Oversee the preparation and dissemination of all media releases.
5. Oversee maintenance of PRC’s website to ensure content and functionality meets development, program and organization needs and goals. Monitor web traffic, performance and capacity to identify, prevent and resolve issues.
6. With the Executive Director, lead the development of PRC’s strategy for community leadership involvement and assignments. Attend community events on behalf of PRC and participate in meetings of appropriate civic, professional, business and community organizations
7. Assess effectiveness of marketing and public relations strategies, and recommend refinements as appropriate.
C. Donor Relations (estimated 20% of time)
1. Develop and implement a donor appreciation process, stratified by donor segment and including all donors
2. Develop and implement donor appreciation activities including but not limited to an annual donor appreciation event.
D. Special Events (estimated 15% of time)
1. Plan, organize, manage and implement special events (including fundraisers) that achieve PRC’s development and marketing goals. Track progress towards goals and recommend proactive adjustments as necessary.
2. Assess effectiveness of special events (including fundraisers) and recommend changes as appropriate.
3. Coordinate and supervise volunteers and committees assisting with planning for and implementing special events to ensure success.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
§ Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
§ 5 years successful fundraising experience
§ 5 years of experience directly supervising employees
§ Experience developing and managing a budget required
§ Master’s Degree preferred
§ Experience supervising volunteers a plus
§ 5 years marketing or communications experience preferred
§ CFRE a plus
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
No phone calls, no faxes please.
People’s Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© WSPN 2009-2018