Manager, Advancement Services
College of DuPage
Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Manager of Advancement Services will be responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of all Blackbaud Databases and add-ons for the Institutional Advancement and College of DuPage Foundation as well as producing standard and customized reports based on the data.
• Responsible for safeguarding the integrity of the donor database (Blackbaud suite). Routinely audits the system data.
• This includes demographic information, importation of select lists, and the batch coding of records for tracking purposes.
• Collaborate with other College of DuPage offices to obtain periodic updates of donor and prospect information (e.g., alumni names, graduation, and employment).
• Recommends and implements methods to capture information so it can be efficiently and effectively reported out of the database.
• Researches prospective donors using subscription and free Information sources; performs data mining both proactively and in response to research needs from the Vice President, Executive Director of the College of DuPage Foundation, and other members of the Advancement team.
• Prospects include individuals, corporations and foundations.
• Produces analytics and a combination of weekly, monthly, and ad hoc or customized reports for the Vice President and members of the Institutional Advancement team.
• Reports may address donor recognition, donor stewardship, donor history, or other related activities including development and foundation research and will support institutional decision-making.
• Work closely with the Executive Director, College of DuPage Foundation regarding Internal and external audits.
• Providing support, reports and counsel as approved by the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
• Conducts pool analysis to determine the strengths of prospect pools, as well as building and analyzing scoring models.
• Oversees the creation of briefing sheets on attendees at College events for the President, Vice President and Executive Director, College of DuPage Foundation.
• Function as the power user on all software programs in use in the Institutional Advancement office.
• Trains other members of Institutional Advancement on the system including the movement of prospects through the stages of Moves Management via Raiser's Edge and assisting with setting target asks.
• Provides direction and supervision to Advancement Services Coordinator.
• Supports the gift officers in the coordination of stewardship and donor relations activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field required.
Master’s degree preferred.
Five (5) years of experience utilizing Blackbaud or another complex client based database management required.
Experience creating custom and ad hoc reports required.
Proficient with Microsoft Office products required.
Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to prepare customized analyses required.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality required.
2 years as the primary system administrator preferred.
BlackBaud Raiser’s Edge Certification or demonstrated expertise utilizing Raiser’s Edge and it’s various add ons including Moves Management preferred.
Prior experience supervising staff preferred.
Standard office setting.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Competitive starting salaries are dependent on education and experience. College of DuPage also offers a generous benefits plan.
College of DuPage is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
Please submit your resume to: https://cod.edu/careers-home/
© WSPN 2009-2018