Position: Foundation and Corporate Grants Manager
Reports To: President/CEO
Type: Full-time, salary, exempt
Hybrid work environment
Objective: To enhance the financial sustainability and growth of WINGS Program, Inc. through the systematic identification, cultivation, and solicitation of funding resources. This position works with the Executive staff to execute the fundraising goals of the organization, primarily using grant and proposal writing.
· Establish, cultivate and steward relationships with key community organizations, foundations, and corporate contacts.
· Identify opportunities for the Executive Team and Board to enhance WINGS’ relationships with foundations, corporations, and community organizations.
· Research, evaluate and recommend grant applications for a myriad of WINGS programs and activities.
· Develop and write persuasive grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and major current and potential donors/funders in compliance with format requirements, attachments, and deadlines to meet annual fundraising goals.
· Prepare and maintain general case statements for WINGS and all programs.
· Coordinate with key staff to develop strategies and tactics to manage and define funding growth opportunities:
o On a regular basis, meet with key development staff to determine priorities and assess
o Liaison to the Finance Department and Program Services Team when tracking progress on grant spending.
o Work closely with the Program Services team to develop written goals, objectives and outcome reporting that is consistent with grant requirements.
· Support communications efforts of the organization by participating in various internal and external writing opportunities including donor communications, public relations, and social media projects.
· Other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in non-profit development with emphasis in grant writing with demonstrated success in generating significant commitments from corporations and/or foundations required.
· Superior writing, analytical and research skills and the ability to seek and synthesize information.
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Proven track record in crafting funding proposals in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner.
· Experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
· Must have a solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
· Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse, multiple projects and meet deadlines with limited supervision.
· Excellent follow through, attention to detail and organization skills.
· Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite required.
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database required.
· Strong belief in the WINGS mission, and the willingness to advocate in the community, which may include public speaking opportunities.
· Must have reliable transportation, and the willingness to travel locally to meet with potential donors.
· Ability, and willingness, to work occasional nights and weekends.
Salary Range - $52,000-$55,000