The Development Coordinator/Manager will report directly to the Director of Development. The manager will assist the Director of Development in all fundraising campaigns, major gifts, individual giving, corporate donations, sponsorships for all special events, grant solicitation, and in-kind donations. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position is available as an on-site position.
● Collaborate with the Director of Development to build volunteer event committees and support their efforts in soliciting participants, event auction items, and sponsorships through their local connections.
● The manager will work collaboratively in monitoring and evaluating all fundraising activities including events to ensure goals are met.
● Along with the Director, manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner
● Assist the Director in communications with alumni focused on engagement through social media and constant contact.
●Work with Director to identify and qualify prospects to focus on cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals that include local businesses, Village officials, and more
● Assist the Director in researching foundations and supporting the preparation and submission of letters of inquiry and grant applications
● Assist with the planning and execution of special fundraising events as well as Career Day
● Using our Donor CRM, assist with the administration of a donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information, processes gifts and thank you letters in a timely manner
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
● Help Foster and build a culture of philanthropy within the organization and to supporters through networking events, assisting the Director in conducting interviews for the We Are Walther newsletter and website, and in all direct contact with staff, donors, alumni, and visitors to our school
● Work with the director to ensure that the advancement, communications, and marketing plan is utilized especially regarding public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
● Build relationships with event participants and staff to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
● Support and attend all organization events as assigned
● Other duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s Degree required
● Must have nonprofit experience or knowledge of nonprofit practices
● 4-10 years of related work experience –individual gift solicitation, corporate and foundation engagement, special events, sponsorship development, grant writing, and project management
● Proven ability to drive incremental revenue, create new relationships, nurture existing relationships and build loyalty
● Knowledge of fundraising management and special events planning and management
● Proficiency in fundraising database platforms, preferably DonorPerfect as well as GiveSmart and RaceRoster platforms
● Demonstrated ability to close deals
● Active listener with the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences
● Must be able to write/edit/proofread
● Ability to handle some flexible hours (some evenings/weekends)
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, mail merge, running labels and more
● B.A. required, additional coursework in philanthropy and fundraising best practices preferred
● Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset but not required. However, a strong desire to learn from a seasoned fundraising professional is a must
● Knowledge of crowdfunding and peer-to-peer fundraising platforms preferred
● Ability/desire to learn other software programs as needed.
Job Type: Part-Time; 20 hours per week
Pay: $25-30 per hour
● 20 hours per week, the schedule will be determined
● Fundraising: 2-4 years (Required)
● Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Contact: Sally Ruecking Sally_Ruecking@waltheracademy.org and include a resume and brief cover letter.
© WSPN 2009-2018