Role/Title: Alive Center Director of Development
Reporting Responsibility: CEO and Alive Naperville Director
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Background: The Alive Center is a one of a kind teen center in Illinois that deeply impacts thousands of youth on a daily basis. As a 501c3 nonprofit organization, Alive’s mission is to be a teen-led, teen-driven center focused on empowering the youth of today to become the impassioned, resilient leaders of tomorrow. Alive Centers offer a diverse range of programming designed to empower teens, foster physical and emotional well-being, and inspire personal growth. Our core facility is located in Naperville, IL with a satellite in Aurora. We are looking to add more satellites as well as charters. We need a dynamic Director of Development to help us grow.
As Alive Center Director of Development (ACDD) you will have the opportunity to join a growing organization that is adding tremendous value to the community. Alive is a values-driven and mission-focused organization. Leaders are given room to lead and create. As the ACDD you will be responsible for driving the donation process for both Alive Naperville, which includes our local satellites, and the new Come Alive Institute training arm and foundation. The ACDD will drive our grant program, corporate campaign, individual donors and our membership programs. The ideal candidate should have experience as a nonprofit Development Director and have strong relationships in DuPage County. The candidate should also be comfortable going into other counties, including the city of Chicago.
· Assume responsibility for an annual general operating raise of $375,000 through grants, individual donations, corporate donations, memberships and events.
· Work with the CEO and Director to create, plan, implement and evaluate the annual fundraising plan and capital campaign to meet organizational funding needs. This includes, but is not limited to major gifts, individual giving, endowment giving, special events, direct mail, foundation giving, corporate solicitation, e-appeals, in-kind gifts and stewardship.
· Oversee all fundraising activities such as events, campaigns, and grant proposals.
· Retain current donors and expand donor base to fuel the sustainability of the organization.
· Develop and steward relationships with major donors.
· Produce grant proposals, reports, and ensure compliance as required by grant award documentation.
· Monitor philanthropic trends and suggest fundraising modifications as appropriate.
· Develop and maintain a fund development calendar.
· Design and implement donor recognition communications/activities.
· Capture stories and create testimonials which includes taking and organizing pictures of all key Alive programs.
· Identify and pursue new sources of institutional giving.
· Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization and work with the board of directors and staff on donor cultivation.
· Attend board meetings as well as related board committee meetings, as needed.
· Manage and ensure accuracy of fundraising reporting systems and databases.
· Represent Alive at appropriate community and funder meetings.
· Performs other tasks as assigned by the CEO and Director.
We are Looking for Someone Who Possesses:
· Excellent written and verbal skills.
· Experience in fund management, nonprofit management, annual giving and/or fundraising preferred.
· A track record of success in building an individual giving program and producing fundraising events preferred.
· Experience with writing and submitting grants preferred.
· Experience and connections with foundations and corporate giving programs.
· Excellent self-management and relationship management skills.
· An ability to work with little direct supervision, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and take ownership of the job.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· A passion for kids and changing the world.
· A big heart.
Successful Candidates Will:
· Be able to manage a flexible work schedule, committing to evenings and weekends as needed
· Be familiar with the DuPage community as well as surrounding communities
· Demonstrate diversity of action, thought, and experience with donors and the larger community
· Demonstrate the ability to travel within DuPage and the larger metropolitan area independently
Salary, to be negotiated
· One week paid vacation and eight paid holidays
Please apply at the link below. You will be asked to upload a cover letter, resume, and salary range requirements. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5uCta8NJoaN-dawErd95KImvPhnbT-nVbFhCR9J5-Wg8olA/viewform or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
© WSPN 2009-2018