West Suburban Philanthropic Network's
2019 PHILANTHROPY AWARDS
Call for Nominations
The West Suburban Philanthropic Network (WSPN), an organization dedicated to supporting development professionals and advancing philanthropy in the western suburbs of Chicago calls for nominations in nine philanthropic categories for its 17th Annual Philanthropy Awards Luncheon on May 21, 2019 at Abbington Distinctive Banquets, 3S002 IL Route 53, Glen Ellyn 60137. The purpose of the award program is to recognize and celebrate those individuals, businesses, foundations and organizations that provide so much to sustain and enhance the rich philanthropic environment that is fundamental to the quality of life in the western suburbs.
Categories consist of:
New This Year:
- Philanthropist of the Year - An individual or family that has demonstrated an exemplary model of financial support to nonprofits in the western suburbs and has served in nonprofit board/committee leadership capacities.
- Philanthropic Leader - presented to an individual who has provided extraordinary leadership and resources or financial support to significantly impact the culture of philanthropy of one or more nonprofits or causes within the western suburbs.
- Humanitarian of the Year - presented to an individual who has demonstrated an extraordinary humanitarian effort through volunteerism and advocacy efforts in support of a significant impact to improving the quality of life in the western suburbs.
- Philanthropic Business of the Year - a business that has demonstrated an unusual commitment to the western suburbs through financial support, leadership and volunteerism.
- Philanthropic Foundation/Service Club of the Year - a organization that has demonstrated an unusual commitment to the western suburbs through financial support, leadership and volunteerism.
- Grantmaker of the Year - presented to a corporate or foundation philanthropic officer who has represented the donor organization with professional leadership while providing exceptional assistance to the west suburban nonprofit community.
- Nonprofit Executive of the Year - presented to a senior-level nonprofit executive who has demonstrated exceptional leadership in advancing the mission and services of his or her organization for the benefit of residents in the western suburbs.
- Nonprofit Volunteer of the Year - An individual who has taken a leadership role in advancing the philanthropic programs of the local charity with which the individual serves as a volunteer.
- Nonprofit WSPN Service Person of the Year - Presented to a WSPN member whose efforts have helped to significantly advance the mission of WSPN.
The categories of Nonprofit Executive of the Year, Nonprofit Volunteer of the Year, and WSPN Service Person of the Year will be selected through a vote by WSPN members. The winning nominee for each of these categories will be announced live at the 2019 WSPN Awards Luncheon.
Nominees must reside and/or support philanthropic organizations in the western suburbs of Chicago. There is no requirement to be a member of WSPN to nominate or to be nominated. All nominations must include up to two-three photos of the nominee. Nominations are due Friday, February 15, 2019. All nominators will be contacted during early March to notify them of their application status. For categories that are voted on by WSPN Members (Nonprofit Executive of the Year, Nonprofit Volunteer of the Year, and WSPN Distinguished Service Award), finalists will be notified in early March and voting will take place between March 15-30, 2019.
Make Your Nomination
Reservations for the luncheon will be accepted beginning in February. Individual tickets are $50 per person and sponsorship opportunities are available from $500 to $5,000. (Honorees and finalists will receive two complimentary tickets - one for the honoree/finalist and one for a guest.)
For more information regarding reservations or to inquire about ad rates and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Sarah O'Donnell at email@example.com.
There are more than 5,000 organizations serving the western suburbs ranging from large educational and healthcare institutions to environmental groups, human service agencies, museums and theatrical groups. The WSPN Philanthropy Awards Luncheon seeks to recognize those individuals who provide the resources, both human and financial, that fuel these vital programs and services.