Aspire’s mission is to support the successes of people with disabilities, strengthen families and build embracing communities. Aspire currently provides service support to an estimated 1,000 individuals and 600 households in the greater Chicagoland area and southeastern Wisconsin.
Inclusivity is at the forefront of Aspire’s work and as a leader in disability services, Aspire creates mutually beneficial partnerships to strengthen communities from within, invests in innovative solutions to drive person-centered results, and promotes models for inclusion beyond society’s expectations.
Aspire’s innovative programs include an array of community-based housing options and services, life enrichment curriculum-based learning opportunities, job training and career engagement services, and social enterprises which provide jobs and education through Aspire CoffeeWorks and Aspire Art360.
Learn more at: https://aspirechicago.com/
Aspire’s Director of Annual Giving will build and increase the Annual Fund program by establishing goals and tactical plans for all components of the Annual Giving Campaign through strategic integration of various fundraising channels: direct mail, email marketing, face-to-face solicitations, and social media outreach/cultivation.
What You’ll Do:
Skills and Competencies:
• Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for the mission of Aspire
• Possesses the ability to provide direction, supervision, collaboration, and motivation to staff and volunteers and achieve results
• Skillfully communicates philanthropic mission through multiple channels
• Possesses strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to create and manage multiple projects and timelines with attention to detail
• Possess strong analytical skills, with the ability to design reports and track data to guide decision-making
• Manage external relationships with donors, prospects, vendors, board members, and other industry professionals
• Solicitation experience is preferred
• Able to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
• Exhibit a strong proficiency with fundraising databases as well as utilizing Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Word)
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred and/or a minimum of 5+ years of leading a successful annual giving program or in a related experience including database management, gift processing, and donor relations
• Able to utilize sound judgment in maintaining the confidentiality of donor information; apply necessary research, data collection, organizational, and time-management skills.
• Adherence to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethics
• Access to a personal vehicle for business and must have a valid driver’s license
Salary and Benefits
Aspire offers a competitive salary and benefits. This is a full-time, exempt position eligible for health and life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and a generous paid time off policy that includes 13 holidays, 15 vacation, personal, and sick days. The schedule is hybrid, currently following 2 days in the office/3 days remote model at our offices in Hillside and Waukegan. We value diversity and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, people from underrepresented/nontraditional backgrounds, and veterans to apply.
The salary range for this position is $80,000-$90,000. Compensation is commensurate with experience. You are also eligible for a performance bonus of up to 5% of your base compensation, based upon company and individual performance each fiscal year.
This search is being conducted by Ter Molen Watkins & Brandt. Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Application materials should include a cover letter, resume, and 2 examples of fundraising materials (an email and print piece) you created. Materials should be submitted via email to Heidi Waltner-Pepper, Senior Vice President, Ter Molen Watkins and Brandt (TW&B) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Funk, Senior Vice President (TW&B) at email@example.com.
Employment is contingent upon he successful completion of employment references, criminal background check, TB test, and fingerprinting.
© WSPN 2009-2018