Founded as a Catholic university in 1887, Benedictine University is located in Lisle, Illinois just 25 miles west of Chicago, and has a branch campus in Mesa, Arizona.
We are Catholic. All are welcome. Benedictine University seeks employees who understand and contribute to the University’s mission and vision. Inspired by our Catholic Benedictine mission and identity, our academic community is committed to inclusion. As an institution, we express our commitment to our identity as a Catholic and Benedictine institution through our values as they are manifested throughout the University. As such, all employees are expected to support the University’s Catholic Benedictine mission and identity and to contribute to its distinctive intellectual life in an effort to help each student and each other to thrive academically, professionally, and personally in our religiously and culturally diverse academic community.
Job Title: Director of Alumni Relations
Department: Alumni Relations
Reports to: Vice President of University Development
The Director of Alumni Relations will be responsible for the oversight, vision and direction of the Office of Alumni Relations with the goals of forging and maintaining relationships with alumni, communications with alumni, cultivating volunteers and creating opportunities for alumni to connect with one another.
1. Create engagement and retention initiatives for BenU alumni including developing new and consistent ways to keep alumni engaged as active participants in the University community. Liase with each of the colleges and other areas on campus to focus on making alumni engagement more collaborative. Craft strategy that encourages this collaboration and fosters an increased level of engagement.
2. Develop and grow volunteer programs that give alumni the opportunity to give back to their alma mater as well as support University goals like recruitment and retention. These include but are not limited to the Alumni Association Board of Directors, a student-alumni Mentoring Program and the Admitted Student Postcard Project, along with other opportunities that may arise.
3. Responsible for alumni recognition and award programs that honor Benedictine’s top alumni and acknowledge significant alumni milestones, including the Alumni Achievement Awards, reunion programming, etc. Also responsible for communications with alumni including social media, e-mails, contributions to Voices Magazine, etc.
1. Work with Marketing and Communications to publicize initiatives as needed.
2. Assist in the overall goals of University Development.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: 5+ years of working experience in alumni relations, event planning, fundraising or similar field. Strong people skills and the ability to cultivate and sustain strong relationships a must. Must be able to lead in a team environment, as well as anticipate and take initiative on an individual basis.
Specific Skills: Ability to work independently, high level of written communication, telephone, organizational and computer skills.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications: N/A
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable):
Working Conditions: Evenings, weekends and travel will periodically be required.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified Applicants can apply online through the Benedictine University Employment Website:
© WSPN 2009-2018