World Relief DuPage/Aurora
Job Title: Communications Manager
Reports To: Regional Director/Development Director
Work Location: Carol Stream, IL and Chicago, IL
Hours: 40 hours/ week, full-time
World Relief seeks a talented and versatile Communications Manager to join our team in the greater Chicago region. The Communications Manager will play an integral role in sharing the story of World Relief’s local work with a wide variety of constituencies, including financial partners, local churches, volunteers, and community members. As a member of the development team, this position plays a strategic role in helping World Relief increase its network of engaged partners and expand its local impact.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Strategy and planning: Collaborate with regional leadership and development teams to shape communications goals and craft an annual communications and marketing plan for both the city and suburban locations. Implement the key aspects of this plan, including regular newsletters, ministry reports, stories of impact, and collateral to share with the public
• Content strategy and curation: plan and oversee the development of stories and scripts for use in digital and traditional marketing materials
• Content development: Develop and produce original content (including video, digital graphics, written stories, direct mail) to deploy across office-specific marketing channels
• Website: Regularly review and edit office-specific website content and design and manage the web site copy writing and visuals, in partnership with other trained staff
• Social media: Manage the weekly deployment of digital content across social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and serve as the primary responder for messages received on these channels
• Campaign coordination: Manage the marketing and communication for breadth fundraising campaigns, in coordination with the development team
• Collateral development: Develop and maintain print marketing materials, posters, and event display materials, consistent with World Relief branding guidelines
• Volunteer coordination: Coordinate volunteers and interns who are assisting with communications and marketing projects
• Vendor management: Interface with vendors to ensure collateral materials are developed/ printed in a timely way
• Graphic design: Create graphics and images for use in social media, promotional materials, newsletter, and collateral materials
• As time allows, coordinate press releases and/or other media contacts in conjunction with the Regional Director and in accordance with World Relief policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
LEGAL BACKGROUND IN THE UNITED STATES:
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of World Relief as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs, so that all staff share the same religious commitment. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.
© WSPN 2009-2018