MARKETING AND EVENTS MANAGER
360 Youth Services, a non-profit agency transforming the lives of youth for over 45 years, is looking to hire a self-directed, experienced, and creative Marketing & Events Manager.
Our ideal candidate is nimble, with varied experience as a highly successful communicator who is creative and technically savvy. The ideal candidate has excellent messaging skills, and experience as an events manager.
This full-time (40 hours/week) exempt position is a member of the agency’s Development Department that works to raise awareness and funds to ensure the mission of 360 Youth Services. The Marketing & Events Manager will bring marketing and events expertise to develop and implement effective communication strategies to support the mission and programs of the agency, focusing on brand recognition, revenue, and community engagement. This position will develop a strategic, creative communications and marketing plan to strengthen visibility to support agency fundraising efforts. The Marketing & Events Manager will plan and implement special events by leading volunteer event committees to ensure positive experiences of 360 Youth Services in the community. This position should be knowledgeable and experienced with Raiser’s Edge and RENXT. This position assist in elevating the experience for supporters and the financial profile of the organization.
Marketing Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develops and implements a comprehensive agency wide communications plan and calendar.
2. Manages brand identity, including ensuring brand image and messaging is consistent across the agency, as well as coordinated graphic design implementation.
3. Develops and manages content for all communication channels, written and printed materials (brochures, annual reports, donor communications, etc.); electronic materials, specifically the website and e-newsletters; and all social media and other on-line, digital, or print media outlets.
4. Assists Director of Philanthropy and the Board Development and Marketing Committee as necessary.
5. Tracks and reports data to ensure communication impact and effectiveness.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Event Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Leads implementation and execution of all organization fundraising events including mobilizing volunteer t committees to ensure strong ROI and increased community connections that lead to additional revenue. Additionally, coordinates online registrations; oversees contract negotiations and selection of vendors; the development, collection, and preparation of materials and supplies; and purchasing transactions associated with each of the special events.
2. Works with the Development Team to cultivate relationships with local businesses and civic organizations that expands the number of event sponsors.
3. Works with Development Team to execute donor-centered cultivation and stewardship events.
4. Tracks event volunteer hours for staff and community members for grants.
5. Manages all marketing needs for events.
6. Manages and tracks budgeting for all events.
7. Develops and promotes peer-to-peer fundraising event program.
Community Engagement Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates and assists with messaging of all public speaking opportunities for the CEO, Development Team, and direct service staff as appropriate.
2. Assists in crafting stewardship and campaign messaging to enhance awareness, visibility, and community connection to 360’s mission.
3. Assists with database management, including all event related tasks, exports, and imports. Will assist with crafting annual appeals and maintaining general database health.
4. Serves as 360 Youth Services representative at community events as needed.
1. Supervised by Director of Philanthropy.
2. Works closely with Direct Service Staff as appropriate.
3. Works in partnership with the Development Team.
4. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with marketing and event vendors, volunteers, and marketing and event committees.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Experience: A minimum of 3–5 years of event and marketing experience. Experience working within a nonprofit fundraising department preferred. Raiser’s Edge experience required. Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have experience handling logistics associated with coordinating large-scale events/activities, including run of show.
3. Competencies: Must be detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time while meeting deadlines. Must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
4. Technical: Must be proficient in social media, website management, electronic communication platforms, such as Constant Contact, and Raiser’s Edge database.
5. Social Skills: Must be a positive, collaborative team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
6. Leadership: Must demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, and good judgment.
7. Mission-Driven: Reinforces 360’s mission and vision with the organization and the community.
8. Collaboration: Advocates for inclusion and diversity always. In conjunction with the Development Team, initiates the development of relationships with civic/business partners and community leaders that advance 360’s presence throughout the community.
9. Personal Growth: Models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Demonstrates a hunger to maintain and learn skills.
1. Position requires evening and weekend hours for events and other meetings as needed.
2. Must have privately owned vehicle, valid driver’s license, good driving record, and liability insurance. Travel between locations and partnering sites required.
3. Must be able to operate general office equipment.
4. Must be able to stand/walk for periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
Our values unite us as an organization. They are the anchors that steer our behavior, interactions with each other, and provide a guide for decision-making.
About 360 Youth Services: 360 is a powerful organization joined together by a shared commitment to change lives and inspire hope. By strengthening emotional skills, reducing youth access to and use of alcohol and other drugs, and ending the experience of homelessness, 360 works passionately in our pursuit to help children, teens and young adults experience their full potential.
360 Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statues.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, including salary requirements, and your resume to: email@example.com.
For more information about 360 Youth Services visit our website at: www.360youthservices.org.
© WSPN 2009-2018