The West Suburban Philanthropic Network (WSPN), calls for nominations in eight major philanthropic categories for its 14th Annual Philanthropy Awards Luncheon on Tuesday, May 17. The purpose of the award program is to recognize and celebrate those individuals, businesses, foundations and organizations that provide so much to sustain and enhance the rich philanthropic environment that is fundamental to the quality of life in the western suburbs.
Categories consist of:
- Philanthropic Leadership Award - presented to an individual who has provided extraordinary leadership and resources or financial support to significantly impact the culture of philanthropy of one or more nonprofits or causes within the western suburbs.
- Humanitarian of the Year - presented to an individual who has demonstrated an extraordinary humanitarian effort in making a major impact on the quality of life in the western suburbs.
- Corporate/Foundation/Service Club Philanthropic Award - presented to an organization that has demonstrated an unusual commitment to the western suburbs through financial support, leadership and volunteerism. (Only one award will be presented for this category)
- Nonprofit Executive of the Year - presented to a senior-level nonprofit executive who has demonstrated exceptional leadership in advancing the mission and services of his or her organization for the benefit of residents in the western suburbs.
- Grantmaker of the Year - presented to a corporate or foundation philanthropic officer who has represented the donor organization with professional leadership while providing exceptional assistance to the west suburban nonprofit community.
- Nonprofit Volunteer of the Year Award - presented to an individual whose volunteerism has profoundly impacted programming and/or philanthropy of the local charity with which the individual serves as a volunteer.
- Young Philanthropist Award – presented to a youth leader or leaders who has exemplified commitment and dedication in helping the advancement of their local community in the western suburbs within the past two years. Ages 5-22 are eligible for award.
- WSPN Distinguished Service Award - presented to a WSPN member whose efforts have helped to significantly advance the mission of WSPN.
The deadline for submitting nominations is 5 p.m. Friday, January 29, 2016. All nominations must be written in the form of a nomination letter (no more than two pages) and submitted to Jessica Noe at email@example.com or mailed to Feeding America, 35 E. Wacker Dr, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60601.
Nomination letters should be 1-2 pages and must include the below items. For your reference, here are past nomination letters for Corporate Philanthropic Award, Philanthropic Leadership and Grantmaker.
- A detailed list of the nominee’s philanthropic accomplishments in the western suburbs, citing specific examples of the nominee’s fulfillment of the award category criteria.
- A list of the nominee’s achievements
- Biographical information including the nominee’s address, phone, email and relevant professional experience.
- Optional: Include supporting materials that may include copies of articles or reports.
- If selected, a headshot of the nominee will be requested for publicity purposes. (Corporate/Foundation Philanthropic awardees will be asked to submit a logo.)
Honorees and their nominators will be notified in February. Reservations for the luncheon will be accepted beginning in February. Individual tickets are $50 per person and sponsorship opportunities are available from $500 to $5,000. (Honorees will receive two complimentary tickets.)
For more information regarding reservations or to inquire about ad rates and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jessica Noe at firstname.lastname@example.org.